Macherey-Nagel Visocolor ECO Potassium
- Facilitates reliable determination of the potassium content
- Sufficient for approx. 60 tests
- Turbidity test
Sign in Register
We’re here for you!
Please enter your question and e-mail and we’ll contact you as soon as possible. It usually takes us up to 24 hours during business days to respond.
Thank you for your question!
Thank you, we’ll get in touch!
You already sent us a question.
Please wait a few minutes
The Macherey-Nagel Visocolor ECO Potassium Water Test is a colorimetric water test for determining the potassium content of a water sample. Potassium is one of the most important water plant nutrients and should therefore be present in sufficient concentration in the water. This water test is used for visual determination, but can also be used for photometric measurement with a compact photometer from Machery-Nagel.
Potassium forms a precipitate with sodium tetraphenylborate. Under special conditions, this turbidity can be used for concentration determination. Turbidities interfere with readability and should be filtered first. Good reproducibility is achieved in drinking, surface and ground waters. Polluted waste water leads to lower results.
- Measuring range: 2 · 3 · 4 · 6 · 8 · 10 · 15 mg/l K+
- Sufficient for 60 tests
- Suitable for seawater: Yes, after dilution (1 + 1)
- Evaluable with compact photometer PF-12
25 mL K-1
Safety information in accordance with GHS
Signal word: Warning
- H290 May be corrosive to metals.
- H302 Harmful if swallowed
- H314 Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H315 Causes skin irritation.
- H319 Causes serious eye irritation.
Precautionary statements in accordance with GHS
- p260sh Do not breathe dust/vapours.
- p280sh Wear protective gloves/eye protection.
- P303+P361+P353: IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water [or shower].
- P305+P351+P338: IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P310a Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor
Please be aware that the bunch/potted variation of this plant could contain snails and other invertebrates.
The Germany company Macherey-Nagel GmbH & Co. KG has a long tradition, as it was founded in 1911. This company is an important manufacturer of chemical analytic products for professional use. Due to its specialisation in water tests, Macherey-Nagel is able to offer a vast product range particularly suitable for aquascapes and planted tanks. In the aquascaping and planted tank hobby, the colorimetric line of water tests Visocolor has gained a very good reputation, as these tests are very exact and have a long useful life.
Compared with many water test manufacturers that produce purely for aquaristic purposes, the knowledgeable customer service offered by Macherey-Nagel is on another level. This company helps their customers very well should they happen to run into a problem. For those interested in precise water tests the products by Macherey-Nagel are recommended as they will definitely meet their expectations.
Please choose a variant to see more information.
|Shipping weight||0,30 kg|
Customers ask customers
You have questions about this product? Ask other customer or our support team about this product!