DRAK Ferrdrakon Refill Powder
- Powder for refilling Ferrdrakon by DRAK
- Just mix with water to make ready-for-use fertiliser
- When stored dry it is almost indefinitely durable
Sign in Register
We’re here for you!
Please enter your question and e-mail and we’ll contact you as soon as possible. It usually takes us up to 24 hours during business days to respond.
Thank you for your question!
Thank you, we’ll get in touch!
You already sent us a question.
Please wait a few minutes
Ferrdrakon serves as a standard full iron fertilizer and delivers the basic supply of iron and trace elements required for every standard pool containing plants, without any further special characteristics.
Trickle filter, UV water purifier, extremely strong lighting, very thick planting and consequential very strong plant growth can be the cause of the increased need or consumption of certain nutrients. In this case the basic nutrient supply should be complimented by using a special fertilizer like Daydrakon or Ferrdrakon K.Trickle filter, UV water purifier, extremely strong lighting, very thick planting and consequential very strong plant growth can be the cause of the increased need or consumption of certain nutrients. In this case the basic nutrient supply should be complimented by using a special fertilizer like Daydrakon or Ferrdrakon K.
Dissolving the Fertilizer Refill Packages
- Use only absolutely clean glass or plastic bottles made as germ-free as possible (e.g. by scalding out with boiling water), in order to avoid premature spoiling of the solution
- Reverse osmosis water is good for dissolving the fertilizer; the usual demineralised water available in the trade is of course just as suitable. If no other water is available, tap water can be used if it is not too hard
- Put the powder into a sufficiently large bottle. Small amounts of the powder remaining in the package or the funnel can be rinsed into the bottle with a little water
- Do not use less water than advised, as otherwise not all the powder will dissolve. The only reason for not diluting the fertilizer further is that I can then no longer guarantee long-term durability of the solution. If greater dilution is required (e.g. for certain dosage pumps), then I advise diluting only part of the solution shortly beforehand each time it is used
- The powder will dissolve most quickly if very hot water (~ 80 °C) is poured on, the bottle is closed and then strongly shaken several times. Over the next few hours, shake the bottle from time to time. After a day, the fertilizer should be ready for use. This will also work using cold water, but then it will take rather longer until the fertilizer is completely dissolved
- If there is a tiny remnant of undissolved matter, this can be ignored, as it will not alter the effect of the fertilizer
- Do not breathe in the powder dust and make sure the powder does not come in contact with the eyes or the mucous membranes. Also avoid contact with the skin for longer periods If the above should have happened by accident, rinse with clear water for some time and if necessary consult a doctor. Take the label of the fertilizer package with you
3,000 mg/l potassium, 1,000 mg/l iron, 750 mg/l magnesium, 400 mg/l manganese, 60 mg/l boron, 20 mg/l copper, 20 mg/l molybdenum, 20 mg/l zinc, 10 mg/l nickel, 10 mg/l cobalt, 4.6 mg/l iodide, EDTA, HEEDTA, DTPA, NTA, methyl paraben, ascorbic acid
10 ml of solution per 100 l of aquarium water every week (± 50 % according to plant growth) together with a minimum of 25 % of the water being exchanged every 2 weeks.
It is also an advantage to apply a daily dosage of 1/7 of this calculated total amount.
It is best to start with an absolute minimum dosage and to slowly increase it. When giving the dosage in this manner, carefully observe the effect it is having: When no improvement in growth is observed and/or problems start with algae growth, you must reduce the dosage immediately.
Please be aware that the bunch/potted variation of this plant could contain snails and other invertebrates.
Aquarium plant fertilizers, water conditioners, remineralizing salts and supplies for marine aquaristics made by a specialist. Dr. Andreas Kremser (DRAK) offers a wide product range for planted aquarium enthusiasts and aquascpapes. Besides micronutrient fertilizers like his Ferrdrakon complete iron fertilizer, he offers macronutrients as well as micronutrient fertilizers for special purposes like the KramerDrak - complete iron fertilizer for strongly lit tanks.
Please choose a variant to see more information.
Customers ask customers
You have questions about this product? Ask other customer or our support team about this product!