Sign in Register
We’re here for you!
Please enter your question and e-mail and we’ll contact you as soon as possible. It usually takes us up to 24 hours during business days to respond.
Thank you for your question!
Thank you, we’ll get in touch!
You already sent us a question.
Please wait a few minutes
The fine, black Nature Soil by Aquadeco is a 100% natural, pre-fertilised substrate which is a highly suitable equipment for plant-based and shrimp aquariums.
This form stable granulate supports better oxygen supply of plant roots and, since it does not densify, it is exellent for plants with bigger roots like Echinodorus. This feature also makes Nature Soil suitable for long-term use in aquariums. The soil binds impurities, provides a slightly acidic pH value and reduces the carbonate hardness (KH). Tropical fish, shrimps and plants that prefer acidic and soft water values will benefit from setting up the aquarium with Aquadeco Nature Soil. It can also be used as a filtermedium that supports reproduction of filterbacteria, bolstering the natural process that leads to reaching biological stability in the tank. Nature Soil by Aquadeco was developed especially for plant-based aquariums by order of aqua scaper Oliver Knott.
This substrate is not suited for scrabbling fish such as L-catfish, Corydoras and perch etc., because they can cause the soil to be agitated so much that the particles cloud the water permanently.
- Granule size 2 - 3 mm
- Reduces the carbonate hardness and ensures a slightly acidic pH value
- Ideal for all plants, fish and shrimps that require soft, slightly acidic water
- Suitable for long-term use in aquariums
- Can be used as filtermedium
- Do not rinse before usage!
- 4 cm high layer at least
- Spread the soil evenly over the bottom of the aquarium
- A higher background provides greater depth in appearence
- After that, decorate as usual and put plants with tweezers
- Change water frequently, 20% weekly at least