WIO Decor-Roots Mini Roots
- Filigree root sets
- For aquascapes and terrariums
- Supports a natural design
- Dark root colour
- Pre-packed sets
Sign in Register
We’re here for you!
Please enter your question and e-mail and we’ll contact you as soon as possible. It usually takes us up to 24 hours during business days to respond.
Thank you for your question!
Thank you, we’ll get in touch!
You already sent us a question.
Please wait a few minutes
The WIO Decor-Roots Mini Roots are fine filigree root pieces for the individual design of aquascapes and terrascapes.
These small to tiny roots are the perfect addition to any aquarium or terrarium. They can be used to recreate natural and realistic habitats.
The roots are incredibly flexible and can be shaped into any form, making them ideal for creating intricate and unique designs.
Mini Roots from WIO are pre-packed and it is not possible to select individual roots.
- Gnarly, fine roots for the design of aquascapes and terrariums
- Dark, filigree roots for an individual design
- Pre-packed sets with different sized root pieces
- For easier processing, please pre-water for 24 hours
In order to enjoy the roots for a long time, WIO asks you to observe the following:
- Rinse the roots under running water before placing them in the aquarium. Then water for 24 hours.
- Initially, the roots must be secured against floating up; for this purpose, stones are used as weights or anchors, Wood Tight, Moss Cotton or glue are used for attachment etc.. Continue until the root is fully soaked and stays down.
- In the early stages, the roots may release tannins that are harmless to the aquarium inhabitants and can slightly colour the water brown. This phenomenon can also be observed in natural blackwater streams. The tannin content in the aquarium can be reduced by changing the water.
- If this colouration is undesirable, the roots can be boiled for a few hours or pre-watered outside the aquarium for about four weeks, so that they release as many tannins as possible.
- A harmless bacterial lawn can also form on the roots, which can look like a layer of mould. It can be vacuumed off without any problems - if necessary, this has to be repeated. It disappears by itself after about four weeks.
Please be aware that the bunch/potted variation of this plant could contain snails and other invertebrates.
WIO's products aim to bring nature into people's daily lives.
WIO designs and delivers products that enable customers to create small to medium sized natural landscapes that stimulate them, reconnect them with nature, and at the same time improve their well-being. Their team of designers, makers and natural artisans create unique products that allow people to fully enjoy nature in their daily lives. The products are designed for the most demanding customers with a special sensitivity to nature, well-being, ecology, design, art and excellence.
Please choose a variant to see more information.
Customers ask customers
You have questions about this product? Ask other customer or our support team about this product!