We’re here for you!
Please enter your question and e-mail and we’ll contact you as soon as possible. It usually takes us up to 24 hours during business days to respond.
Thank you for your question!
Thank you, we’ll get in touch!
You already sent us a question.
Please wait a few minutes
The pod of the Buddha nut, the fruit of the Pterygota alata tree, is a fantastic hiding place for smaller fish and shrimps when dried. Due to its slightly rough surface, the buddha nut can even be planted and can thus be optimally integrated into a natural aquarium. The 6 - 12 cm wide and approx. 9 - 12 cm high pods release tannins and humic substances into the water over time and thus increase the water quality. The Buddha nut needs about 2 to 3 days in the water to sink to the bottom. It is therefore advisable to soak the pod in a little water before transferring it to the aquarium or to weigh it down with a small stone to prevent it from floating up.
- Ingredients such as tannins and saponins support the resistance of shrimp and fish
- The substances are released very slowly into the water, so that the effect lasts for a long time.
- Natural hiding place for shy animals and shrimps
- Can be planted through the rough surface
- 100 % natural product without herbicide residues