Macherey-Nagel Visocolor ECO Calcium Test
- Facilitates reliable determination of the calcium content
- Sufficient for approx. 100 tests
- Titrimetric test set
Sign in Register
We’re here for you!
Please enter your question and e-mail and we’ll contact you as soon as possible. It usually takes us up to 24 hours during business days to respond.
Thank you for your question!
Thank you, we’ll get in touch!
You already sent us a question.
Please wait a few minutes
The Macherey-Nagel Visocolor ECO Calcium Water Test is a colorimetric water test for determining the calcium content of a water sample. Calcium is an important aquatic plant nutrient, which needs to be viewed in correlation with magnesium and potassium. It can be determined in a sufficiently exact way with the calcium test by Macherey-Nagel, which will give you information about possible nutrient deficiencies in your aquatic plants.
Complexometric titration after magnesium salts are precipitated (basis for the reaction in analogy to DIN 38406-3 E3).
- Measuring range: 1 drop = 5 mg/l Ca2+
- Sufficient for approx. 100 tests with an average calcium-concentration of 50 mg/l Ca2+
- Suitable for seawater: Yes, after dilution (1+4)
- Not suitable for compact photometer PF-12
Safety information in accordance with GHS
Signal word: Danger
- H226 Flammable liquid and vapour.
- H290 May be corrosive to metals.
- H314 Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- H319 Causes serious eye irritation.
Precautionary statements in accordance with GHS
- p260sh Do not breathe dust/vapours.
- p280sh Wear protective gloves/eye protection.
- P303+P361+P353: IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water [or shower].
- P305+P351+P338: IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P310a Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor
Please be aware that the bunch/potted variation of this plant could contain snails and other invertebrates.
The Germany company Macherey-Nagel GmbH & Co. KG has a long tradition, as it was founded in 1911. This company is an important manufacturer of chemical analytic products for professional use. Due to its specialisation in water tests, Macherey-Nagel is able to offer a vast product range particularly suitable for aquascapes and planted tanks. In the aquascaping and planted tank hobby, the colorimetric line of water tests Visocolor has gained a very good reputation, as these tests are very exact and have a long useful life.
Compared with many water test manufacturers that produce purely for aquaristic purposes, the knowledgeable customer service offered by Macherey-Nagel is on another level. This company helps their customers very well should they happen to run into a problem. For those interested in precise water tests the products by Macherey-Nagel are recommended as they will definitely meet their expectations.
Please choose a variant to see more information.
|Shipping weight||0,30 kg|
Customers ask customers
You have questions about this product? Ask other customer or our support team about this product!
The test is expensive (IMHO too much), but it offers an adequately high quality. I test a lot and compared to other brands, the color change is extremely readable, and the... (read more)
The test is expensive (IMHO too much), but it offers an adequately high quality. I test a lot and compared to other brands, the color change is extremely readable, and the reagents do not degrade over time. Buying at this price is painful, but after trying Macherey-Nagel, I dont want to go back to JBL or others anymore.