JBL ProScape Volcano Mineral
- Ideally suited as the basis for every nature aquarium
- Porous volcanic rock ensures the water circulation at the bottom
- Promotes the settlement of microorganisms
- Rich in valuable minerals and trace elements
- Grain size approx. 5 - 16 mm
Sign in or Register
We’re here for you!
Please enter your question and e-mail and we’ll contact you as soon as possible. It usually takes us up to 24 hours during business days to respond.
Thank you for your question!
Thank you, we’ll get in touch!
You already sent us a question.
Please wait a few minutes
Ideal substrates for the professional care of plants and shrimps. Proscapers often use special substrates (soils), which have been especially adapted to their requirements. Unlike "normal" substrates (sand, gravel), soils are not water- neutral, but have a softening effect. They make the water softer and acidify the aquarium just enough to slide the pH value slightly into the acidic range. The JBL plant soils are rich in nutrients and supply the plants with both nutrients and minerals, whereas the shrimp soils are free of nutrients.
JBL - ProScape - Volcano Mineral is a chopped highly porous volcanic rock, recommended as first layer of the aquarium substrate.
- Highly porous volcanic rock. JBL ProScape Volcano is ideally suitable as a basis for every natural aquarium. The porous volcanic rock ensures the water circulation at the bottom and also helps supply organic plant nutrients to the plant roots.
- Promotes the settlement of microorganisms. With its open-pored structure JBL ProScape Volcano ensures an optimal oxygen supply to the bottom of the aquarium. This encourages microorganisms to settle, making the substrate an efficient biotope.
- Rich in valuable minerals and trace elements. JBL ProScape Volcano is rich in minerals like calcium, magnesium and potassium as well as in trace elements like iron, boron or manganese. It is thus a natural supply of many substances necessary for plant growth.
Depending on the height of the substrate, we recommend 2-4 cm JBL ProScape Volcano for the first layer. JBL ProScape Volcano can then be covered with your chosen substrate. Please add the water gently to avoid unsettling the soil.
JBL ProScape Volcano is not intended to be used in combination with JBL Sansibar.
JBL is a traditional German company with a very wide range of products for aquarists. From high-quality fish and shrimp food to external filters and water plant fertiliser, JBL offers a wide selection for aquarium enthusiasts.
JBL's research and development constantly brings new, innovative products onto the market. Whether aquascape, fish aquarium, shrimp tank with a scurry factor or a pure water plant aquarium in Holland style, JBL offers suitable aids for set-up and maintenance for all these directions.
Please choose a variant to see more information.
Customers ask customers
You have questions about this product? Ask other customer or our support team about this product!
Very satisfied with this , both for the price and what you get. I have never had any algae after using this as a baselayer. Im happy with this! (read more)
Very satisfied with this , both for the price and what you get. I have never had any algae after using this as a baselayer. Im happy with this!