Sign in Register
We’re here for you!
Please enter your question and e-mail and we’ll contact you as soon as possible. It usually takes us up to 24 hours during business days to respond.
Thank you for your question!
Thank you, we’ll get in touch!
You already sent us a question.
Please wait a few minutes
JBL BioNitrat EX is a biological filtermaterial for the removal of nitrates which operates exclusively through nitrate-eliminating bacteria, i.e. without the use of chemical additives or exchange products. The bacteria need no extra feeding, as the substrate itself includes the feed. It is also suitable for use in saltwater in combination with the active carbon JBL Carbomec ultra as an after-filter.
- There are two nitrate removers in the JBL range: JBL NitratEx offers quick help and is immediately effective from the first minute. Once the exchange capacity has been exhausted, it has to be regenerated with a sodium chloride solution (ion exchange principle). JBL BioNitratEx is a substrate which provides a settlement area and food for nitrate-eliminating bacteria. After a certain activation period (several weeks) the bacteria break down the nitrate in a purely natural and biological way. Those who have no time to wait or who already want to clean nitrate from tap water should choose JBL NitratEx.
- JBL BioNitrat EX in saltwater:In rare cases, the bacterial nutrient, which is included in the JBL BioNitratEx substrate, can be eluted. This causes a bacterial cloudiness in the saltwater. The activated carbon catches the eluted carbons (the food source for the bacteria) and prevents a possible bacterial cloudiness in the water.
- Biological filtermaterial for the removal of nitrates
- Operates exclusively through nitrate-eliminating bacteria - no use of chemical additives or exchange products
- Bacteria need no extra feeding, as substrate includes feed
- Also suitable for use in saltwater in combination with active carbon as after-filter
JBL is a German company with a long tradition and a vast product range for aquarium enthusiasts. From high-quality fish and shrimp food over external filters to aquatic plant fertilisers - JBL offers an enormous choice for every aquarium keeper.
The research and development department of JBL constantly brings new innovative products onto the market. No matter whether you are an aquascaper, fish keeper, shrimp keeper or planted tank enthusiast, JBL offers suitable tools and accessories for all of these aspects of the hobby in order to support aquarium enthusiasts with the set-up and maintenance of their tanks.
Ja mein No3 wert ist jetzt auf 20 gesunken und bleibt auch ca. auf diesen Wert, jetzt schwankt der Nitrat beim tww nicht so stark. Tww im selben Rhythmus wie davor. (read more)
Ja mein No3 wert ist jetzt auf 20 gesunken und bleibt auch ca. auf diesen Wert, jetzt schwankt der Nitrat beim tww nicht so stark. Tww im selben Rhythmus wie davor.
Den Disken und Buzen dürfte es auch gefallen letztere blühen seit dem Einsetzen wie verrückt.