JBL BioNitrat Ex
- Operates exclusively through nitrate-eliminating bacteria
- Without the use of chemical additives or exchange products
- Bacteria need no extra feeding
- Use in saltwater in combination with the active carbon
Sign in Register
We’re here for you!
Please enter your question and e-mail and we’ll contact you as soon as possible. It usually takes us up to 24 hours during business days to respond.
Thank you for your question!
Thank you, we’ll get in touch!
You already sent us a question.
Please wait a few minutes
JBL BioNitrat EX is a biological filtermaterial for the removal of nitrates which operates exclusively through nitrate-eliminating bacteria, i.e. without the use of chemical additives or exchange products. The bacteria need no extra feeding, as the substrate itself includes the feed. It is also suitable for use in saltwater in combination with the active carbon JBL Carbomec ultra as an after-filter.
- There are two nitrate removers in the JBL range: JBL NitratEx offers quick help and is immediately effective from the first minute. Once the exchange capacity has been exhausted, it has to be regenerated with a sodium chloride solution (ion exchange principle). JBL BioNitratEx is a substrate which provides a settlement area and food for nitrate-eliminating bacteria. After a certain activation period (several weeks) the bacteria break down the nitrate in a purely natural and biological way. Those who have no time to wait or who already want to clean nitrate from tap water should choose JBL NitratEx.
- JBL BioNitrat EX in saltwater:In rare cases, the bacterial nutrient, which is included in the JBL BioNitratEx substrate, can be eluted. This causes a bacterial cloudiness in the saltwater. The activated carbon catches the eluted carbons (the food source for the bacteria) and prevents a possible bacterial cloudiness in the water.
- Biological filtermaterial for the removal of nitrates
- Operates exclusively through nitrate-eliminating bacteria - no use of chemical additives or exchange products
- Bacteria need no extra feeding, as substrate includes feed
- Also suitable for use in saltwater in combination with active carbon as after-filter
Please be aware that the bunch/potted variation of this plant could contain snails and other invertebrates.
JBL is a traditional German company with a very wide range of products for aquarists. From high-quality fish and shrimp food to external filters and water plant fertiliser, JBL offers a wide selection for aquarium enthusiasts.
JBL's research and development constantly brings new, innovative products onto the market. Whether aquascape, fish aquarium, shrimp tank with a scurry factor or a pure water plant aquarium in Holland style, JBL offers suitable aids for set-up and maintenance for all these directions.
Please choose a variant to see more information.
|Shipping weight||0,40 kg|
Customers ask customers
You have questions about this product? Ask other customer or our support team about this product!