Sign in Register
We’re here for you!
Please enter your question and e-mail and we’ll contact you as soon as possible. It usually takes us up to 24 hours during business days to respond.
Thank you for your question!
Thank you, we’ll get in touch!
You already sent us a question.
Please wait a few minutes
The Aquario NEO CO2 Diffusor Extended Type is an acrylic CO2 Diffusor with an extra long pipe which can be individualized very easily by a special heat technique. Dangling around hoses disappear from your aquarium tank's surrounding and your whole aquarium setup looks organized and tidier than before. The special ceramic membrane produces a fine mist and the CO2 gets dissolved very quickly.
Inside the package you will find two extra pipes of 16cm length which you may use to try this innovative technique before using the actual product. By heating up the pipe the acrylic material becomes flexible. It can then be adjusted to any form you need in your aquarium. Among the product pictures there is a simple summary.
- Insert the enclosed rubber strip into the acrylic pipe.
- Heat the pipe with a lighter while rotating at a distance of 1-3 cm.
- As soon as the acrylic material is softend it can be curved.
- The beforehand inserted rubber strip minimizes the chance of reducing the inner diameter of the pipe. It can now be removed.
- For finest bubbles it is advisable to put the diffusor into water for 10 minutes, so that all membrane pores get soked completely.
- If the bubbles get bigger with time, you can clean the membrane with bleach. You will find a detailed describtion below.
Tips for application:
- If the flame is too close to the pipe it will get black from soot. Please keep the distance named above.
- If the pipe is not rotated while heating, the bend will appear unattractive and have overlapping material inside the curve.
- As soon as the material is softened, it is advisable to act firm and quickly to prevent the material from cooling while adjusting.
- When aiming at a 180° curve, it is best to move the flame back and forth for a while in order to get a larger soft acrylic area.>
- If you want to bend the pipe around your aquarium tank's wall, you do not necessarily need two bends. Just make use of a 180° curve and hold both pipe ends very tightly to the wall. The 180° will slowly expand adequadly.
|Aquario NEO - CO2 Diffusor - Extended Type - Mini|
|Membrane diameter||12 mm|
|Fits hose||6/4 mm|
|Aquario NEO - CO2 Diffusor - Extended Type - Medium|
|Membrane diameter||17 mm|
|Fits hose||6/4 mm|
|Aquario NEO - CO2 Diffusor - Extended Type - Large|
|Membrane diameter||24 mm|
|Fits hose||6/4 mm|
When algae start forming on your glassware equipment or when larger and larger bubbles emerge from your ceramic diffusor it is time for cleaning. Glassware is easy to clean, however, it should be done diligently. After the cleaning process, your glassware products will be as good as new.
- You'll need a household bleach containing chlorine without perfumes. When working with chlorine bleach, please make sure you absolutely observe the manufacturer's safety notes.
- Pour some of the bleach into a container and mix with an equal amount of water. Mix so much of this solution that the glassware products you wish to clean are entirely covered
- Soak the glassware in the solution for 1 to 4 hours (depending on the severity of the stains)
- Take it out and rinse thoroughly
- Now all the stains ought to be gone, and your glassware should shine as if new
You'll find an extensive how-to (in German) with pictures on our aquascaping wiki Glaswaren reinigen.
I didn’t try to bend it because my aquarium is high, but I can say that it works very well, the bubbles are thin and moreover it works with a lower pressure than other diffusors. (read more)
I didn’t try to bend it because my aquarium is high, but I can say that it works very well, the bubbles are thin and moreover it works with a lower pressure than other diffusors.
Would have been 5 stars but heating and bending the acrylic is a pain. Ended up bending it in a not-so-desirable direction but I don’t want to heat it again for fear of... (read more)
Would have been 5 stars but heating and bending the acrylic is a pain. Ended up bending it in a not-so-desirable direction but I don’t want to heat it again for fear of destroying it altogether. At some point I thought I wasted it.
The ceramic of this diffuser is the best in the market. The moment I switched to it, my CO2 detector finally changed color to green. With my old diffuser, I had to increase the CO2 flow rate a lot and most of it just goes to waste because the bubbles are coarse. Big difference in plant growth after only just a week of using this diffuser.