Sign in Register
We’re here for you!
Please enter your question and e-mail and we’ll contact you as soon as possible. It usually takes us up to 24 hours during business days to respond.
Thank you for your question!
Thank you, we’ll get in touch!
You already sent us a question.
Please wait a few minutes
The bark of the Indian almond tree (Terminalia catappa) from Sri Lanka does not only serve as great hideout for small shrimps, it also gives off tannins to the water, with a very positive effect. A natural product that can be used in manifold ways.
- Natural decoration with a practical use
- Provides shrimps, small snails and fish with places to hide and protection
- Especially rich in natural tannins. Their astringent effect naturally protects mucous membranes
- Mild disinfectant, prevents infections
- Virtually unlimited storage life as long as it stays dry
- This portion of bark is sufficient for approx. 1000 l of tank water
Use 1-2 pieces of bark per 100 l of tank water. After a few hours, the bark pieces will sind to the ground. After approx. 3 weeks, all the tannins have been released. Then you can either exchange the bark for a new piece, or you can leave it inside your tank as permanent decoration.
Aquamax is a well-established family-run enterprise with its focus on water conditioning and fertilising in the aquarium. The items they offer have been developed by aquarium keepers for aquarium keepers. Especially in the range of natural products, Aquamax offers a wide spectrum like e.g. Indian almond bark, Indian almond leaves, cinnamon sticks from Ceylon or alder cones.