WIO Decor-Roots Spider Twig
- Set with narrow, filigree roots
- For aquascapes and terrariums
- For filigree landscape design
- Pre-packed sets
Sign in Register
We’re here for you!
Please enter your question and e-mail and we’ll contact you as soon as possible. It usually takes us up to 24 hours during business days to respond.
Thank you for your question!
Thank you, we’ll get in touch!
You already sent us a question.
Please wait a few minutes
The Spider Twig Root from WIO are fine, thin root pieces in different sizes. This filigree hardscpae can be used to create beautiful three-dimensional layouts. Each set contains a different number of the fine roots. This allows you to create a very individual aquascape with each set. Spider Twig Root is prepacked and a selection of the individual roots is not possible.
Scaping example with Seiryu Ryuoh stone
- Fine, narrow roots in a set
- For a filigree underwater landscape
- Prepacked sets with different sized root pieces
- In unit sizes of 300 g available
In order to enjoy the roots for a long time, WIO recommends these steps:
- Rinse the roots under running water before placing them in the aquarium.
- Initially, the roots must be secured against floating up; for this purpose, stones are used as weights or anchors, Wood Tight, Moss Cotton or glue for fastening, etc.. Continue until the root is fully soaked and stays down.
- In the early stages, the roots may release tannins that are harmless to the aquarium inhabitants and can slightly colour the water brown. This effect can also be observed in natural blackwater streams. The tannin content in the aquarium can be reduced by changing the water.
- If this colouration is undesirable, the roots can be boiled for a few hours or pre-watered outside the aquarium for about four weeks, so that they release as many tannins as possible.
- A harmless bacterial lawn can also form on the roots, which can look like a layer of mould. It can be vacuumed off without any problems - if necessary, this has to be repeated. It disappears by itself after about four weeks.
Please be aware that the bunch/potted variation of this plant could contain snails and other invertebrates.
WIO's products aim to bring nature into people's daily lives.
WIO designs and delivers products that enable customers to create small to medium sized natural landscapes that stimulate them, reconnect them with nature, and at the same time improve their well-being. Their team of designers, makers and natural artisans create unique products that allow people to fully enjoy nature in their daily lives. The products are designed for the most demanding customers with a special sensitivity to nature, well-being, ecology, design, art and excellence.
Please choose a variant to see more information.
|Shipping weight||2,50 kg|
Customers ask customers
You have questions about this product? Ask other customer or our support team about this product!