We’re here for you!
Please enter your question and e-mail and we’ll contact you as soon as possible. It usually takes us up to 24 hours during business days to respond.
Thank you for your question!
Thank you, we’ll get in touch!
You already sent us a question.
Please wait a few minutes
Dennerle Carbo Booster Max is an active carbon for accelerated plant growth. Carbon is the most important nutrient for aquarium plants. Around 40% of the plant dry matter consists of it. Unfortunately, the source of this, CO2, is often not available in sufficient concentrations in the aquarium. The result: poor plant growth. And when the plants grow poorly, the unloved algae get their chance.
Carbo Booster Max supplies all aquarium plants quickly and effectively with readily available carbon. All plants, from mosses to echinodors and cryptocorynes to fast-growing stem plants, can become fuller and stronger. The leaves become clearly larger and more colourful. The success is already visible after a few weeks - pay attention to the shoot tips and the young leaves. The lush, healthy growth increases the plants' competitive power against algae. Unwanted algae are thus pushed back. The entire aquarium appears healthier, greener and more beautiful.
This is how Carbo Booster Max works:
The basis of plant metabolism is photosynthesis. In this biochemical process, solar energy is "captured" and stored in energy-rich carbon compounds. One such energy-rich compound is sugar, for example. These compounds are used by the plant (a) as a universal energy source or (b) to produce other compounds. To stay with the sugar example: The plant can "burn" the sugar again in its cells and drive other metabolic processes with the energy released. Or it can process the sugar into cellulose, for example. Cellulose, also called wood pulp, is the substance that gives trees their strength and consists of nothing other than long sugar chains.
How can the plant convert substances into each other?
The central hub in plant metabolism is the so-called citric acid cycle. The citric acid cycle is like a factory. Here the most diverse substances are introduced to produce the required substances. With the help of this metabolic pathway, the plant can produce all vital carbon compounds itself: Carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, secondary plant substances, etc.
And this is exactly where Carbo Booster Max comes into play. The product contains selected active ingredients that are also found in plant metabolism in this or a similar form. The active substances are absorbed by the plant and used in the cells as building material to build higher compounds or as a source of energy. This additional supply enables the plant to grow faster and stronger.
In addition, there is another positive effect: all organic agents based on carbon are bacterially degradable, because the numerous filter bacteria in the aquarium feed on them. In the end, only carbon dioxide (CO2) and water remain.
Carbo Booster Max therefore supplies the plants with vital carbon in two ways.
The effect is already visible after a few weeks of regular use: the plants grow faster, lusher and healthier, algae are pushed back.
- Can be used with or without additional carbon dioxide fertilisation
- The best results are achieved in combination with a technical CO2 system and a complete fertiliser
- Biologically harmless to all aquarium inhabitants (fish, shrimps, crayfish, snails, etc.) with the appropriate dosage and application
- Easy application
Safety information in accordance with GHS
Signal word: Danger
- H315 Causes skin irritation.
- H317 May cause an allergic skin reaction.
- H319 Causes serious eye irritation.
- H332 Harmful if inhaled.
- H334 May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled.
- H335 May cause respiratory irritation.
Precautionary statements in accordance with GHS
- P101 If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- P102 Keep out of reach of children.
- P261 Avoid breathing mist/vapours/spray.
- P264 Wash hands thoroughly after handling.
- P271 Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
- P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection.
- P302 + P352 IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water.
- P304 + P340 IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P305 + P351 + P338 IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P311 Call a POISON CENTER/doctor.
- P403 + P233 Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.
- P405 Store locked up.
- P501 Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations
Dennerle has been operating in Vinnigen since its foundation in 1966 and, after more than 50 years of company history, the building blocks Dennerle relies on is experience. The philosophy behind Dennerle is to create a small and tangible, intact piece of nature, in harmony with the natural environment. That is why sustainability is a company-wide concept and is implemented at every possible point. In order to achieve an ecologically balanced aquarium, Dennerle relies on a system that is based on 5 pillars. Animals, plants, water, substrate and lighting. Dennerle offers the optimum equipment to bring this complex, but not complicated system into harmony.